Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Storm

I've always loved the snow. I remember one of the first times I experienced being in the snow. It was in high school and one of my friend's family had a cabin in Big Bear. We went there in the winter for a weekend with a few friends and we just had so much fun!

Since I've lived in NYC there hasn't been a ton of snow storms...the first really big blizzard I experienced was in January of 2005. It was insane, when I was walking home from work the snow was past my knees! I had never experienced anything like that before!

I missed the snow storm that hit NYC in December because I had already gone to California for the Holidays. Although I was definitely enjoying the 80 degree LA weather, I was a little bummed about missing the snow storm! I had been hoping there would be another one this winter. It's just so beautiful to me! After the big storm that missed NYC last weekend, I thought there may not be another one this year.

So when I woke up this morning and it was snowing, I was excited and I have been staring out the window at my office just watching the snow all day...somehow I can't seem to stop watching it! Below are some pictures from my walk to the subway this morning, there wasn't that much snow yet. I want to go to Central Park tomorrow if possible and take some more pictures...not sure if I will get around to it though, and who knows how long the snow will stick around! I'm definitely enjoying the beauty of it for now. I hope those of you that are experiencing it are too!

The park near City Hall


Two kids playing




1 comment:

  1. Great photos! It makes me want to get out there and take some, too! I was here for that first snowstorm in December, but it didn't last long... hoping this one has a bit more staying power. :)

    ReplyDelete